EXPLORING SCOTLAND: FALLS OF CLYDE

Oh boy, if any of you lovely people have been to Scotland you'll understand that it's a country that's begging to be explored. I mean, rolling hills, hidden glens, brilliant lochs and the always handy right to roam means that if it weren't for the weather I'd be outside adventuring every day. 


Recently, while the weather was clear and I had some free time I made my way to the little town of Lanark in South Lanarkshire (accessible by train from Glasgow and bus from nearby regional towns) and then on into New Lanark (either by bus or foot or car of course) to make the walk up the River Clyde and check out the beautiful scenery. 
The walk was lovely, and easy enough for young children (though there are parts where you are rather close to the cliff edge so supervision is a must) and there are benches littered along the way for you to sit and enjoy the views. For more information on the walk have a look at the Visit Lanarkshire site. You'll also be able to check out all the other neat things to do in the local area so it's worth a bit of research.  

It was definitely a great little day out and I will probably do the walk again once the season has turned and I can gather some of my fellow Au Pairs for the day, maybe we'll even spot some badgers!

xoxo 
Lily Pie

Comments

Popular Posts