LITTLE THINGS IN BIGGAR

Some mornings I wake up and open my shutters and look across the neighbours back yard at the row of brick and whitewash houses that stand behind us and the rolling green hills that sweep across the landscape beyond that and I almost have to pinch myself (I don't though because I pinch really hard and I don't want to hurt myself) how is it that I got so lucky as to live in such a darling little town as Biggar? 

I was in Edinburgh on Tuesday picking up my residency card and catching up with some locals I met a couple of years ago and I was surprised when they'd heard of Biggar. It's not the biggest town, in fact I think it may be considered a village. But it is so lovely. Every day since moving here I have gone for a walk in the area just to look around and have more moments of "ohmygoshitistrueIliveinScotlandohmygoshohmygosh" or something to that effect. 

The youngest girl that I look after, let's call her A, has accompanied me on plenty of these walks and the other day decided that she wanted to try her hand at photography. We had a lot of fun running around and doing a "fashion blog" type thing. I can't say I'm the most sophisticated model but with firm direction we managed to take some nice photos. 
Oh! Since it was a "fashion blog" shoot I suppose I shall share outfit details. Ha ha. 
Shirt: Thrifted | Jumper: Thrifted | Shorts: Thrifted | Boots: H&M | Stockings: Primark
In life it's the little things that make up the big picture and accumulate into the most happiness (in my opinion) so to live somewhere where the little things really count is a complete blessing. I look forward to discovering loads more about this wee little town. 

xoxo
Lily Pie

Photos by A and myself. Edited with VSCO.

Comments

Popular Posts