OVERWATCH YOURSELF

Okay, confession time. I don't actually own Overwatch. This could potentially be considered one of my life's great tragedies except that I'm saving those for when something actually terrible happens. I don't own Overwatch because I don't have any consoles, and my poor little laptop struggles to run the few Steam games I've downloaded so the graphic heaven that is Overwatch would destroy my baby and I need my laptop alive, to write blog posts on and draw stupid pictures of myself. Speaking of...

To explain, this is me, if I were a character in Overwatch (which I have actually played I swear!) I went to great lengths to design myself as an Overwatch character because I was so torn between the desire to be a tank (dreams) but had to settle for a support role (reality) I read the comics available on the Overwatch site. I watched the character videos. I got carried away on a wave of fangirliness that led to me actually coming up with multiple skins for my character and everything. Oh, and coming up with a backstory. And moves. 

Look, it's not my fault this game is amazing, blame Blizzard. I feel totally justified in my actions and also, completely inadequate at character design. 
Basically my character would be a healer/booster using a combination of solar technology and BEE stuff. BEE STUFF. Raised on a Solar Farm on the edge of the Junkers territory she developed weapons to help defend the family farm, and her brother, a scientist (like my scientist brother irl) helped to perfect these technologies so that she could hover, shoot solar beams and also shoot an intensified royal jelly type mix that creates a healing shield for a short period of time. 
Why bees and sunshine? Um, I love bees you guys. I really, really love bees (but not like, Bee Movie love them ok.) I'm very excited because my parents and one of my brothers might be getting bees and when I return they will be established and I will be so SO happy. And I think that solar energy is ah-mazing. I grew up without mains electricity. our household was run on a combination of solar power and a generator but we've since moved entirely to solar. I wish that renewable energy was actually effected on a grand scale in Australia, we have the perfect country for it, wind, sun and powerful ocean waves. Anyway, I got a little sidetracked there. 

Since posting these pictures on Instagram I had a friend of mine back home send me a snapchat saying she bought the game partially because of my art ahaha. I'm so glad I can bring about real change in this world with my work. 

Anyway, hopefully I'll become friends here with someone who has Overwatch on console or something so I can play it some more. My faves are Symmetra, Pharah and Reinhardt. Who do you play? 

xoxo
Lily Pie

Comments

Popular Posts