What I Wore Weekly Round Up 3

My last week of funemployment has seen me actually leave the house quite a bit! Huzzah to that! 

Monday July 27th: Went into the city to find curtains and meet up with my friend Trish and her mum, didn't find curtains, or really anything else on my list for that matter, but oh well. Quincy (our housecat) hated my fluffy jumper and refused to come near me, needless to say the jumper is now stuffed in the back of my cupboard, cats win at all things.



Tuesday July 28th: Quite a warm day, had a doctors appointment in the morning, did my grocery shopping at the supermarket near there and found that it is like, super duper fancy, with fancy black subway tiled walls and huge signs for each department (Bakery, Butcher, Sushi Chef, Pizzeria and Cafe... seriously this store is ridiculously fancy) popped home, changed into jogging stuff and went for a bit of a walk/jog to explore the area north of my house. 

Wednesday July 29th: Still on a mission to find a bedside chest of drawers or anything really to put my delicates in so I'm not still living out of a suitcase in my own home. Today my mission took me to the big op-shop a few blocks away. The sun is shining and it's really a gorgeous day so the walk there and back is really nice. Did some laundry and was very tempted to swing around on the Hills Hoist in the backyard. 

Thursday July 30th: Probably the most at home day I had all week. At one point it got so warm that I put on a cooler shirt, and a sun hat and went across the road to the park to read my book (Shannon Hale's The Goose Girl) in the sun, it was so lovely. Dashed up to the supermarket after that to get fresh ingredients for dinner (the problem with living in a sharehouse with a tiny fridge) there had been plans to go to karaoke that night but we all sort of forgot.

Friday July 31st: My friend Caitlin came around in the morning after having roped me into helping her brother with his proposal set for that night. She needed me to paint a plank of wood with the words "I love you" on one side and "Will you marry me?" on the other. Taking advantage of the fact she has a car we also managed to pick up some flatpack furniture for which I had to get Lorna to bring over a Phillips head screwdriver to put together because my Macgyver method of using a 5 cent coin doesn't work if you don't have a 5 cent coin. Challenged both Lorna and my housemate Nat to table tennis which is so much fun, especially because I'm terrible. 

Saturday August 1st: Since I wasn't getting up to much I took advantage of Caitlin's offer of a lift over to Castle Black (P.S. Her brothers' partner said yes!) hung out with my cool friends for a bit, maybe had a little nap (okay, definitely had a nap) and then trotted off to Chermside to catch a movie with my pal Nolan. We watched Inside Out which is definitely a fantastic film and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 

Sunday August 2nd: The last day of freedom came rolling around, played table tennis with Nat (lost) took the bus up to the KMart near Castle Black and managed to find the fabric drawers for my flatpack shelf before getting a lift to Castle Black. Sundays are officially board game days over there so we played the Firefly board game, which was so fun! I didn't even come close to winning but if there was a prize for "Had the Best Time While Accomplishing Absolutely Nothing" I would definitely get it. Every day in fact. Got home quite late (that game takes hours) but set up my new drawers and picked out my first day outfit for work tomorrow! Woohoo! 

Overall I had an amazing week, every day saw multiple reasons to smile and for that I'm grateful. Being outside even if for a little while every day really helped. I feel so lucky to live where I live and to have the opportunities I have, I really am blessed and weeks like this past one really highlight that. 

xx 
Lily


Comments

Popular Posts