Snapshots from My Big Backyard







Since returning to Australia I've had a renewed sense of awe at the incredibly diverse and beautiful country I was lucky enough to be born in. In order the pictures above show the Brisbane River at night, a country road in South East Queensland, a winter beach on the Sunshine Coast, and the view of the city from the Brisbane Botanical Gardens. All these places are within an hours drive of my current house, it's amazing to think of what else could be waiting to be seen and appreciated in such a small place, and what lies beyond? More beauty than even I can consider.

There is just so much to marvel at in this great island nation, and while my dinky little phone camera doesn't quite do it justice I thought it would offer a glimpse of the majesty around me, and to serve as a reminder to myself and to other people living in this incredible country to appreciate the sheer beauty of the world around us.

Much like the people of this earth, the places they inhabit are just as diverse, as beautiful and nuanced and full of life as we each are. Begin to appreciate one and appreciation of the other will come. Just as we make time for the people we love, so too should we make time for the places we love, wherever it may be. 


xx 
Lily

Comments

Popular Posts